Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Why We Go...

As our time to leave gets closer and closer, we continue to be faced with challenges. Monday night a beloved, long time member of Ebenezer passed away unexpectedly. This has impacted some more personally than others but still, it impacts the whole team in many ways.  As I was thinking tonight about obstacles placed in our way, I began to wonder  what we were to make of all this, thoughts of why we do this and knowing that others wonder why we do it and some so vehemently disagree with our decision, Pablo shared the below email from one the translators:

First of all I want you to know that last year all of you had a HUGE impact on the kids' and volunteers' lives. God has definitely brought your team over here with a reason, to change lives through you guys. You were here by his perfect will and I strongly believe that you'll be here this year for the same reason. Because God has huge plans in Targu Mures and Apalina, and the team's willingness to do God's work here is seen by a certain Someone, and of course it is used to the fullest. So thank you.

And now back to what the reason for writing this was. 
One of the books of the Old Testament that is really inspiring to me is the book of Job. He was God's best man, he was blameless before God. And with all of this, God allowed him to suffer. Now back to you guys... I do belive all you do is totally for God's glory, and he sees that. As it happened with Job, Satan goes and asks God to let him test Job. And he agrees, and so Job is being tested. God trusted Job soooo much that he allowed bad stuff to happen in his life, because he knew for sure Job will overcome it. I think God trusts Ebenezer Team so much that he is not worried that you guys will fall. He is there watching over you all, but maybe he just want to prove to you that you guys are strong enough, that you guys are determined enough to do his work. He already knows you are, I think He just wants you guys to see it too, once again if necessary.


So don't loose heart if bad things might come in the way, because you are God's tools to these kids.  Romans 8:31 "What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" Nothing can be against you guys, neither health nor anything else on earth, because God is for sure with you all! Please do not let the earthly problems overcome you, for He is with you and everything will have a happy end:) That's the way it goes with God, you guys know it well.

I'll keep you all in my prayers, and I cannot wait to see the amazing things that God will do this year in Apalina:)



As I write this, our challenges continue but I am reminded that even in the challenges, God's hand is in everything and He places in our life the people that we need the most. I can't wait to be there. I am so excited to see the person who wrote the above email and all my Romanian friends. I'm excited to see "my babies" and see how they have grown and changed. 


I ask any of you reading this to please pray for our team, our travels and our time in Romania. I ask that you pray for those surrounding us.  Thanks for taking this journey with us!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry I couldn't be there to see all of you off. I know God will bless you and all that come in contact with the team as you travel. We are praying for you all and can't wait to see where this journey takes all of us.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete